lousy English (not!) and Carroll Smith

To: torhv@ifi.uio.no
Subject: lousy English (not!) and Carroll Smith
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 22:06:29 -0700
Tor Hval wrote:
>Pardon my lousy English

Hey Tor, you have nothing to apologize for in, my opinion!  For someone
to whom English is a second language (you're Norwegian, right?) your usage
is exceptionally good!

I only wish our schools here in the States had the same attitude towards
teaching foreign languages starting at an early age, as the Scandinavian
countries and many other areas in Europe do.

By the way, if all goes well I may get to meet Carroll Smith tomorrow
because Ken Claiborne and I are going to wander over to his house, to talk
to him.  (Andres, your Driving Force Inc. question will be on our agenda)

Tor, Would you like to get an autographed copy of the *** To Win books?
Carroll gets a real kick out of people requesting autographed copies,
apparently.

No cut goes to me, or Ken... but Caroll likes selling books out of his
house, because he makes more per book that way.

Welcome,
Erik Berg
Los Angeles, CA