'72 Europa TC for sale

To: chapman-era <chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '72 Europa TC for sale
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 98 07:29:38 PST8
Well, my S1 Europa vintage racer is sold and gone to Canada.  In its place I
have a *very* nice '72 Europa TC 4-spd. which I want to sell so I can put the
money into my Elan.

It has 600 miles on an engine rebuild (car has 87k miles), a beautiful interior
(black leather), beautiful paint (metallic blue), Lotus wheels, stainless
exhaust.  It seems very tight and new-like (doors correctly aligned and close
just right, etc.).

It seems to run fine, shift fine (oh if only the race car had shifted that
well).  I have a short list of small items to attend to in order for it to be
very, very nice (need to mount speakers and get another antenna for the radio,
put the correct size tire in the front, trade a S1 trunk for the correct TC
trunk, find a set of windshield wipers and deck lid "Europa" script, which must
have been lost at the paint shop).

Depending on how much of this I get done before I sell it, I'd like something in
the $10k-$11k range (it came with an appraisal for $12,600 but that seems higher
than the market now).

I'm in southern California.

If anyone is interested, please e-mail me.

Rod