Re: Toyota Racing Development

To: PHILLIPBABCOCK <PHILLIPBABCOCK@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Toyota Racing Development
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 21:52:57 -0700
Howdy Phil Babcock.  You wrote:
> "TRD has recently been re-organized to place greater emphasis  on high
> performance aftermarket parts for Toyota vehicles.  Customers may
> call TRD toll free at 1-800-688-5912 for answers to technical, part
> application or general information questions."

> I will be calling Monday AM about gear sets for T-50. Report to follow.

Jolly good show!  Ask 'um about Quaife gear sets too, and see if they
have any idea what you mean... ;-)  They used to carry Quaife T-50 parts
with TRD part numbers, at one time.

TRD USA seem to have been unable, or maybe unwilling, to pay close
attention to their retail aftermarket business in recent years.  Seems
like they have been kinda ignoring that market segment, in favor of
professional racing.

Let's see if this re-org helps the situation!

Regards,
Erik Berg