Re: close ratio gears

To: Keith Gustafson <gusmach@shore.net>
Subject: Re: close ratio gears
From: PHILLIPBABCOCK <PHILLIPBABCOCK@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 12:56:05 -0400
Keith Gustafson wrote:

> Phil, what gears are in the T50 from the factory? does it have a 'stump
> puller'1st gear?
> What [stateside] does a T50 come out of?

Keith when I bought my car 3 years ago I uderstood that the tranny came
out of a Celica. However when I needed a part I bought a used one from a
junk yard, and it was out of a Corolla. However the Corolla case had a
long tail shaft, and mine didn't.

Unfortunatly I don't know what gears ratios I curently have. The prev.
owner said they were the standard. He also stated that the close ratio
gears were too close and that if I were to change I should go with the
Euro gears as they were a good compromise.

No, 1st is not a stump puller, however its not very tall.

Hope this helps

Phil Babcock
72 Elan Sprint