Re: Eleven 206

To: "Chapman Era List" <chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Eleven 206
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:33:38 -0500
Kyle Rice asked about any history on his Eleven:

Kyle,
I took a quick look at the Rush Hoenig "Lotus Eleven Register" back
issues (printed in the 70s) and didn't find # 206 listed in the owners
list.  I'll get a better look and see if I can find any reference to
Bob Weiler.   I will also thumb through some of the issues of "Sports
Car", the SCCA magazine which printed results of most races back in the
50s and 60s.   You probably already know most of this, but you can also
contact:

"Historic Lotus Register"
Eleven Correspondent:  Vic Thomas,  Badgers Farm, Winfarthing,
Norfolk IP22 2EE   phone 0953 860508

Foster Cooperstein formed the "North American Lotus Eleven Register" in
1992 and has a regular newsletter (one copy every 3 years!) but he
*did* compile a list of Eleven owners . .

Perhaps the most energetic historian of Lotus Elevens lately, is Ed
Berre in Cincinnati (513) 272 0118.
He is feverishly assembling a history for his Eleven.   I would
definitely contact him.   Interestingly, his car does not contain a
single, whole original part, having been fabricated (by Mike
Brotherwood for Mike Lavers in the UK) around a number plate and part
of a frame!

I'd like to know more about your car.
Cheers,
Tony
Lotus Eleven S1 LM #153 ("Lotus World Magazine" Oct & Nov '87)
"The First Eleven"