Re: [British-cars] [Spits] Recalls & Smart Laws

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [British-cars] [Spits] Recalls & Smart Laws
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:42:24 EDT
In a message dated 29/06/2007 8:29:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
foxtrapper@ispwest.com writes:

Why I've  even been known to flash my brake lights several times before
hitting the  brakes just to hopefully get the attention of people in back of
me.

____________________________________

Gee, I have even been known to depress the brakes with my left foot just
enough to light the brake lights, going into a sharp hairpin turn on the race
track to 'advise' following cars to back off early and give me a bit more
lead.... :-)

But seriously, the use of signals, stopping at stop signs and generally
obeying the rules of the road are mandatory not optional so that you don't need

to obey them when no one else is around. I see people all the time drifting
right through stop signs. Unless they develop the habit of stopping every
danged
 time they won't have the reflex to do so when it really matters and they
didn't  see the kid on his bike in the way or the pedestrian.

Bill