Re: [British-cars] Recalls & Smart Laws

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>, "ARoman4047@aol.com"
Subject: Re: [British-cars] Recalls & Smart Laws
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:27:34 -0400
I still cannot get over my "Chinese copy" syndrome.  Buying the logo
and tooling does not give them the history, experience or more
importantly, the soul.   Kimber must be turning in his grave.

I now avoid Chinese made stuff as it is getting worse and worse.  I
am now into my fourth "Made-in-China" Cuisinart perculator, third
auto-light thing, and third auto-timer for bathroom fan (replacements
but each requiring a trip to the hardware store)

At 11:55 AM 6/28/2007, Patton Dickson wrote:
>You saw the same type thing with the dog food recalls where the
>Chinese manufacturers were using tainted ingredients!
>
>It makes me worry about the quality control for the new MG and future
>Healey.  ( http://www.gizmag.com/go/7529/ ) Can quality control drop
>below the British Leyland "standards"?
>
>Patton
>
>On 6/28/07, ARoman4047@aol.com <ARoman4047@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Sadly, this is often the case with Chinese-made products... The latest
> > on the radar are the lead-painted Thomas the Tank Engine toys. The owner
> > of the brand hired a firm to then hire a factory to produce the toys... ;-(
>
>--
>Patton Dickson - http://Austin-Healeys.com
>
>1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Built to run 'til the road wears out."

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
barrie@look.ca