Re: [British-cars] Recalls & Smart Laws

To: pethier@comcast.net, frede.thomas2@verizon.net,
Subject: Re: [British-cars] Recalls & Smart Laws
From: ARoman4047@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:31:01 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/07 11:06:31 AM, pethier@comcast.net writes:

> From: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
> > Listers, on all the news programs this a/m, there will be a recall on
> several
> > brands of tires made in Japan, including Yokohomo's,
>
> I hear it is only one factory in China.

I haven't been able to find anything specific to the Yokos...The other
story is the 450,000 tires brokered thru' Foreign Tire Service in Union,
NJ...The tires in question were all made at one plant in China and resold
under various names...The tires were included in a lawsuit with a fatality.
FTS, which has no warehouse, is a seven-man operation and claims it
doesn't have the money to replace the tires...The Chinese factory is
being sued by FTS, but claims the tires were not defective...

Sadly, this is often the case with Chinese-made products... The latest
on the radar are the lead-painted Thomas the Tank Engine toys. The owner
of the brand hired a firm to then hire a factory to produce the toys... ;-(

Tony in NJ
W.A.S.T.E.