Re: brush painting a car

To: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>,
Subject: Re: brush painting a car
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:12:18 +0000
From: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>
> quite a while back on this list I posted that I was looking for tips/info
>about
> brush painting a car and got a few replies.  I completed the brush painting
>of
> my 1949 Singer Roadster for the British show at Stowe, Vt. this summer. If
> anyone's interested in seeing the results (which came out ok) go to:
>
> http://www.singercars.com/
>
> click on Technical/Miscellaneous
> scroll to the bottom and on the right hand side click on "Stowe 2006"
> scroll down about half way and click on the last car on the right: a dark red
> Singer with Maryland plates
>
> Gene Abbondelo

I think you can get directly to the two shots with these URLs:

http://www.singercars.com/stowe/2006/p7hg_img_1/fullsize/000_0200_fs.jpg

http://www.singercars.com/stowe/2006/p7hg_img_1/fullsize/PICT0877_fs.jpg

I am very impressed that you can get that finish with a brush.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,