RE: Back for a visit

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Back for a visit
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:38:06 +0000
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
> > I had one of those miniature a Timex Z80 computers...
> >
> > Anyone remember that?  Circa 1980...
>
> I had one of it's predecessors for awhile, a Sinclair ZX81.  Basically the
> same thing, Timex licensed the TS-1000 from Sinclair (which is the 'S' in
> TS-1000).  Unpleasant little beast, hardly worth the effort.

You bet.  I had one and it was worse than useless.  After about a half hour it
would overheat and crash.  I found I could extend the run time by putting it in
the freezer before I used it.  It didn't have the guts to do anything useful.
The missle game I had for it was so lame it made Pong look fantastic.

The Atari 800 was perfectly useful for email on dialup.  I also had a database
that was good enough for me to keep track of customers and samples when I was a
calendar salesman for Brown & Bigelow in the middle 80s.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,