RE: [TR] RE: Evaporust application?

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [TR] RE: Evaporust application?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:53:54 -0700
> sounds like a special compound that will bond with an iron atom.  How that
> "eats" rust is still not clear since there is plenty of free iron available.
> Will it also attack the non-rusted iron?

Dunno if it's true or not, but they claim it won't.
http://www.orisonllc.com/corrosion/evaporust/evapo-rust.html
claims "It can remove iron from iron oxide, but is too weak to remove iron from
steel because the iron is held much more strongly."

> A Google search yeilds a bunch of medical applications.  It looks like a
> promising methood of purging heavy metals that normally accumulate in
> the body but
> is still mostly theoretical.

As I understand it, chelation therapy is reasonably well proven to (slowly)
remove heavy metals from the body.  It's been used for many years to treat
people with chronic heavy metal poisoning.  What's doubtful is whether removing
"normal accumulation" is any benefit or not.  I suspect it's rather like that
dihydrogen monoxide stuff, too much is definitely bad, but a little bit isn't so
bad.  Especially when mixed with some 1-hydroxyethane and a few complex organic
molecules.

Randall