Caravsns, was british-cars-digest V1 #763

To: "british-cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Caravsns, was british-cars-digest V1 #763
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:52:32 -0500
On 9 Jan 2006 at 15:24, Randall wrote:

> Perhaps it's endemic to the breed ... my wife's 89 Caravan had the same
> problem.  It's one of the very few vehicles I've driven to the scrapyard
> under it's own power, and I will never willingly own a minivan again.

Well, that just goes to show you, don't it?  We're on our third
Caravan.  Admittedly it did suffer some brake wear coming down from
the Blueridge Parkway once, but brakes weren't the reason for its
ultimate demise.  I don't have kids, never took anyone to soccer
practice, and sure don't use it as a status symbol.  What it does do
is carry our 4-person band plus instruments, sound equipment, and
occasionally even lights, to gigs safely and in comfort.  And they
are so ubiquitous that I don't mind running it to death on salty
roads when my Triumphs are safely asleep in their beds with visions
of sugarplums dancing in their carbs, or something.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com