Re: Billing Update Requested (URGENT)

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Billing Update Requested (URGENT)
From: "Glen Wilson" <rstca@hemmings.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:15:53 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <AUSTNWORKS@aol.com>
To: <rstca@hemmings.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 8:02 AM

> Bad advice
>
> eBay has confirmed that this scam uses a pass through on ebay's email.
>
> If you want to get ripped off just give them the info they ask for.
>
> Austin Works East

How could accessing eBay to check the status of your account be bad advice?
If you go to eBay (that would be the real eBay at www.ebay.com), sign in as
usual, and check the status of your account, you aren't following any sort
of bogus address and you aren't typing in anything but your password. You
can't do ANYTHING on eBay without doing using your password. If you haven't
already given away your information in some other manner, and as long as the
entire eBay system has not been compromised, there can't be any danger to
signing in.

You could also call them on the telephone.

> eBay has confirmed that this scam uses a pass through on ebay's email.

Where did you learn this? I tried the other day to find some mention of this
at eBay and could find nothing.

Glen

Glen Wilson
Suburban Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
USA
> eBay has confirmed that this scam uses a pass through on ebay's email.
>
> If you want to get ripped off just give them the info they ask for.
>
> Austin Works East

---