Re: MGB Painting

To: RobertS355@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Painting
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:54:27 EST
In a message dated 2/24/03 17:34:18 Pacific Standard Time, RobertS355@aol.com
writes:

<<
 Would appreciate any suggestions on whether this could be a do it yourself
 job (I'd be happy to invest the money in equipment) or whether I should bite
 the bullet and go to a shop.  >>

Depends on where you are and how good a paint job you want....if you
basically a shell with all the trim removed, I'd consider a Maaco or Earl
Shirbe or that other $300 quicky place.  These guys shoot a lot a paint and
can be pretty good. Ask around, some are better than others.
If you are in the SF Bay area, I have another suggestion for you.  Contact me
off list.

You can also DIY if you invest in and then learn how to use the low volume
paint guns, but the investment might be more than a Maaco paint job!

If you want a show job, figure on something approaching 8 grand!

Terry in Oakland