Re: cooling systems, water wetter

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL)
Subject: Re: cooling systems, water wetter
From: tjhiggin@mapapp1.iss.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:00:52 -0500 (CDT)
TATERRY@aol.com wrote:
> cobra@scs.agilent.com writes:
>
> <<  BTW, Red Line's liquid
>  Water Wetter additive does not provide this lubrication.
>   >>
> Nor does it provide lower temp!

I had a similar experience in my Interceptor earlier this year, it ran
hotter when I added Water Wetter.  I won a bottle of it as a door
prize at a car show, and just poured it in.  Apparently you have to
mix the water, coolant, and Water Wetter to the proper ratio to be
effective.

No matter.  It's going to take more than a bottle of Water Wetter to
keep my Jensen cool.  After having done all the obvious things, it
still runs hotter than hell in the summer, even without using the
a/c.  Looks like I'm going to have to bite bullet and fork out the
big bucks for a 5-row radiator.  A guy in Houston did this to his Int
and it fixed all his cooling problems.
--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com