Re: Insurance company observations?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance company observations?
From: StuCohen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:36:33 EDT
Alex,

I haven't had any experience with either of those companies, but I would like
to throw one more company at you for consideration...Hagerty Insurance.  I
just got a policy from them for my 1965 Triumph motorcycle.  My old policy
lapsed over the winter (who needs motorcycle insurance during the winter?)
and when I went to restart it, I found that due to change of ownership at the
company my premium would quadruple!!!!  After about a dozen more phone calls
to companies that insure classics (including ACI) in which I found that
Virginia has such peculiar rules regarding insurance that nobody wants to
insure an antique motorcycle here, I came across Hagerty.  Their customer
service was extremely friendly, and my premium ended up being less than a
third of my old policy!  And their website is set up so you can do the whole
application process from there.  Plus, they have only one charge for
liability coverage regardless of how many cars you have.  Unfortunately, I
couldn't convince them to add my 1980 Spitfire to the policy...they said it
was too new!  Anyway, didn't mean to sound so much like an advertisement, but
I just wrapped this all up last week, and had such a good experience and good
price that I figure they deserve my effusive recommendation.

Stuart