Insurance company observations?

To: "British-cars (E-mail)" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Insurance company observations?
From: "Alex" <alexmm@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:33:57 -0400
Hello all:

While preparing to insure my "new" 1960 BT7 Austin-Healey 3000 here in the
US, I've contacted two specialty insurance companies. One is "J.C. Taylor,"
and the other is "American Collectors Insurance."

The latter seems to offer slightly better coverage, especially in terms of
(1) an annual increase in vehicle value to compensate for inflation, and (2)
with spare parts coverage up to $500.

Has anyone on the list had any experience with these firms, especially with
respect to responsiveness in light of a claim?

Any other suggestions or recommendations will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

== Alex in Maine