Go ahead, make my day

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Go ahead, make my day
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:19:42 -0800 (PST)
The forecast for the weekend was sunny weather on Saturday and rain on
Sunday, so I chose Saturday to get some shopping out of the way and put
a few more miles on the snake's fresh motor.  One stop was at a local
mall.  Shoppers were out in force.  A sign of the recovering economy, I
hope.  In fact, there were so many shoppers that parking was at a
premium.  I was stuck behind SUVs and Hondas moving at a snail's pace,
looking for spaces to open up.  I was forced to stop briefly in front of
one of the main trances to the mall.  Two young girls, maybe 10 or 11
years old, were chatting with each other.  Since I was one of the
impatient searchers myself, I didn't even noticed them at first, but
being in an open car and only a few feet away I clearly heard one of
them say "I really like that car!".  When I looked over I noticed
that one of the girls was looking right at the snake, so there was
no doubt in my mind what car she was referring to.

Imagine developing such exquisite, discriminating taste at such a young
age.  This young girl will make her mark in the World one day.  She also
made my day.

Roland