Cross-Country Cobra

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Cross-Country Cobra
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:51:06 -0800 (PST)
Did you ever wonder what it would be like to drive an AC Cobra across
the country?  Peter Egan captures the essence perfectly in the current
issue of Road & Track Magazine.  The name of the article is
Cross-Country Cobra.  In it he relates the tail of co-driving CSX2490
from the SF Bay Area to North Carolina.  Like my car, CSX2282, CSX2490
is a wire wheeled street spec'd 289 Cobra.  His story brought back many
memories of my two cross-country trips- one from Los Angeles to
Washington DC, with numerous side excursions, and the return trip a year
and a half later via Canada in the late '60s.  Egan gets all the little
quirks and pleasures just right.

The current issue is the one with the yellow Mini on the cover.

Roland