Re: honeymoon is over

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: honeymoon is over
From: StuCohen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:07:02 EST
Fred,

In a way, you should be happy about it.  Triumphs use very little gas
(petrol)...I think I fill my Spitfire about 4 times a year.  And you can
think of it as payback for putting up with all the gas-guzzling and parking
space guzzling SUV's in the DC area.  I don't know how things are in the rest
of the country, but as a fellow Northern Virginian I'm getting so tired of
having to shoehorn my little Honda into all the down-sized parking spaces now
so often squeezed to the yellow lines and beyond with the myriad consumer
versions of heavy trucks (otherwise knowns as SUV's).  Besides, we still have
it better than most of the rest of the world.  Anyway, I'm in Detroit at the
Auto Show right now, and if you can believe what auto companies are saying,
we won't need gas much longer.

Stuart