Waxoyl

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: Waxoyl
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:25:17 -0500
TeriAnn,

I have just remembered something a chap told me many years ago.  He had a
Mercedes that was OLD but not a sign of rust.  In Toronto here they use
salt even if it looks cold so it had been subjected to much rust provoking
elements - yet none!  He told me that in order to get the best out of the
rust preventive he sprayed in dilute (thus thin) solution of Krone (or
whatever he used).  This he said carried it into the minute nooks and
crannies.  He then sprayed in stronger stuff.  So that is what I will do
with my paraffin(maybe bee's)wax/mineral spirit concoction.

At 09:24 AM 11/25/01 -0800, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:
> > As I understand it, the biggest problem with waxoyl is
> >that is too stiff and cannot penetrate into small seams.  Also, it cannot
> >reach a lot of the areas within box section sills and floor structures.
>
>I use the Waxol spray can and wand.  But before I use it I heat the Waxol
>to a more liquid state in a double boiler arrangement (spray can with the
>lid off in a pot of water on the stove).
>
>It sprays quite well into those small  seams when the viscosity is low.
>One problem I have seen is occasional crevices appearing in the sprayed
>waxol after the more volatile spirits evaporate.  I go back after a week
>and respray.  The second coat fills any crevices from the first.
>
>TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
>Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
>twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message
>
>http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman
>
>"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
>Amelia Earhart 1898-1937

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net