Re: Jaunty Jalopies

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jaunty Jalopies
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:40:18
>From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
>To: british-cars@autox.team.net
>CC: jblair@exis.net
>Subject: Jaunty Jalopies
>Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:34:39 -0700

>Jaunty Jalopies" last night.  I thought it had a little more action and
>humor in it.  But what do you expect from a 30 year old memory. Still it
>was very cute.  (Now I'm waiting for my copy of "Those Daring Young Men
>in their Flying Machines" to arrive.   Anyway, I really couldn't say what
>any of the cars in the movie were.  One of the villians drove a car with a
>Mercedees emblem on it.

   That was ole' Goldfinger hisself, Gurt Frobe (pronounced Froo-beh)

BTW, the modified Lea Francis driven by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore was
recently auctioned on ebay... with all the erzatz "gear"....

>Bring me The Great Race

   Now there's a film... LOT'S of fun. Great cast... Silly plot line...
   I love it!

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)