Re: Torquing Heads

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Subject: Re: Torquing Heads
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:48:27 -0800 (PST)
I used after market ARP head, main bearing and connecting rod bolts on
my motor.  They came not only with very explicit torquing instruction,
but also included a special lubricant.  If I recall, the instructions
also included torquing specs for use with engine oil, which were a bit
lower than for the supplied lubricant.

BTW, I believe that Felpro claims that no bolt re-torquing after X
number of initial miles is required if you use their head gaskets.  I've
have heard from some pretty knowledgeable people that this is bunk.

Roland