Re: TR7 BFH#24-d

To: Eganb@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#24-d
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:06:32 -0800 (PST)
There are two types of taps (at least).  What you probably want is what
is referred to as a bottom tap.  This type of tap only has a slight
taper at the very bottom.  They are a bit harder to start in a hole,
but then you've already taken care of that part.

You might be able to cut off your tap if that is your preferred
approach.  I've cut some pretty hard small metal pieces with cut-off
disks in my Dremel tool.  But look for a bottom tap first.  You may need
the tapered tap again sometime and probably a bottom tap as well.

Roland