Re: TR6

To: Jack Gagnon <bullitt@cybertours.com>
Subject: Re: TR6
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 18:13:27 -0600
You should be able to get a restored car (totally rust free - at least now, if
not before the restoration ) for about $15K, so $12K sounds like a lot for this
car.  Typically, when cars sit the first problem is the fuel dries out and
becomes varnish, thus clogging all filters, lines, etc.  Then the hydraulic
systems are likely to have pitted somewhat, and seals do dry out all over.  It
sounds like more than $3K to get it back to pristine condition, so $12K is too
much, and do you think it is really 12000 or so miles, or 112000??  I'd guess by
condition that it is likely to be 112000.  Good Luck in your search

Phil Bates