Re: Blue Ridge Touring

To: british-cars-digest <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blue Ridge Touring
From: Norm <nsdec@mercurylink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:44:24 -0400
Ah!  Drove out to Ann Arbor MI Christmas 1963 in my TR-4 and had 2 adventures...
it overheated on I80 in Ohio or Indiana.  After sitting on the side for awhile
I filled the radiator with melted ice and Coke from the cooler and ran the car
for awhile, everything fine.  Drove to the exit (there was a toll-booth, hmm!)
and checked it again, twas fine.  Filled the cooler with water then on whatever
the Interstate is going to Ann Arbor it overheated again.  This time I stopped
and opened the hood fast enough to see the water pump sink back into the block.
By this time I'd learned to carry tools, tightened up the bolts, back on the
way.

Coming home at night I hot fog but kept pushing on (yeh, just a dumb punk)
passing everyone.  Soon all the cars/trucks I passed were following me when,
coming out of a tunnel, there was a maze of confusing construction signs.
I found my way through as best I could only to find I was on the exit ramp
for a service stop...not needing gas  or anything I just whizzed past the
pumps on the right and the whole conga line behind me did the same.  I can
start imagine the gast jockey's expression watching the parade go by %-)
Norm
(PS sold the TR and ordered a '64 Skylark convertible stick V8 and drove that
down to Noo Orleans...have a pic of that car on the Blue Ridge parkway)

--
Norm deCarteret                   NSDEC Inc                   Shohola PA