Cortina progress...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Cortina progress...
From: Charles R Irvin <cirvin1258@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 11:26:43 -0700
i haven't had time to do much this week - in fact, I haven't done a thing
until today!

HOWEVER...Cortina #2 (the '69) runs VERY nicely!!!!! It took a while to
get it started, and after putting about 3 gallons in the tank, I found
that the fuel pump isn't working (I blew the line clean), so after
pouring a little gas in the carb - and cleaning said carb by way of a
localized fire - it fired up and ran as smooth as can be! No smoke (at
least, nothing to speak of), no barking (a suprise considering the
exhaust system is dragging on the ground!), and no misfire whatsoever!

Cortina #1 (the '66) has a broken ignition switch (the electrical half
broke clean off), so I can't start it until I get a replacement, though I
expect it to run just as good.

Stay tuned...

Charles
"...That''s the news from Lake Wobegone,
where all the women are strong,
all the men are good-looking,
and all the children, are above average."

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.