Re: 1930's British Shop Search

To: british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: 1930's British Shop Search
From: "Paul Davis" <pdavis@uk.mdis.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 15:26:59 GMT
> I am trying to find some information about the shop where my 1939 MG TB
> was first sold.  There is a brass plate on the toolbox lid that says:
>
> Supplied Under Guarantee By
>
> PERFORMANCE CARS
>
> The Sports Car People
>
> Windmill Garage, Great West Rd
>
> Brentford  London  W5
> >
> If anyone knows of this garage, please reply.
>
> Thank you,
> Bill Putnam
> hlputnam@students.wisc.edu

Yes, the place is somewhere I remember being there until about 2
years ago, the top of their building was visible from the M4
motorway that enters London from the west. The site has now been
cleared and so I would say that they are no longer in business. I
think it was originally owned by another Davis (although no
relation).

Paul Davis PRO-IV Marketing Manager
PRO-IV Marketing - Home of the most productive
Development Environment

Phone +44   1442   274373
Fax   +44   1442   273077