Re: Fun with Midget!

To: DROYDX@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fun with Midget!
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 09:50:13 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 27 Jan 1995 DROYDX@aol.com wrote:

> Replacement was easy, maybe the only tricky part was compressing the spring
> and remounting the spring perch.  I used a chain through the frame and over
> the shock that allowed me to use a floor jack (chain goes under the floor
> jack and makes a circle) to compress the bugger.  Check some of the
> restoration books....Lindsey Porters' helped me get the picture.

There's an easier way.  Make 4 long "bolts" from threaded stock, available
at hardware stores.  Slip the springs through the holes in the lower A
arms, and put the spring pans under them.  Use the sections of threaded
stock (together with nuts and washers to taste) to draw the pans up
against the A arms, compressing the springs.  The, one at a time, remove
the threaded stock "bolts" and replace them with the originals.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910