Nasty old V-8s

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Nasty old V-8s
From: Wmrunner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 21:24:07 -0500
Roger said

>....why anyone would trade the sweet sound of a Healey six for the wuffle of
a V8 with an el-dweebo slapstick tranny, I don't know.

Greg chimed in

>It just seems that an inordinate number of Healeys have been butchered in
the fashion you describe.
Too bad too.

Well guys, I used to give a little sniff of righteous indignation too,  then
one day I got a ride in a Healey "nasty boy".  The difference between the
sweet sound of a Healey six and the wuffle of a V8 is the difference between
going for a drive and taking a ride. A well prepared V8 Healey with an honest
300 to 375 horse is quite interesting.  Take the ride if you ever get the
chance.  You still may not approve but you'll never ask WHY?

It's been a few years but I'd swear Donald Healey was much more interested in
the "modifieds" at Conclaves than he was in the gold plated tow-ins
(literally gold plated if anyone remembers that jewel.  Donald did not seem
at all anxious to have his picture taken near that).  Polite to everyone, I
distinctly remember him spending a lot of time with the not so stock.

So here's my idea.  Everybody send me a lot of money and I'll start a club
dedicated to restoring those lovely little cars that Mr. Shelby butchered.
 Heck, maybe we could save the Tigers too! %-)

Is it really just coincidence that the Mazda 13B motor drops right on to the
Bugeye motor mounts?

New Topic - Stan Fickes wrote:

> Hi all-
> Anybody have some suggestions on the best way to remove Bondo from sheet
metal?

If you want to avoid making a lot of dust, a screwdriver/putty knike and the
judicious application of heat, via oxyacetylene or propane torch, will let
you remove large chunks.  Too much heat and you will be making more work for
yourself.

Bill Ruof