Hurrah! It started!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Hurrah! It started!
From: tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 14:01:59 -0800
Finally, about ten minutes ago, my 67 Spitfire started, thank you very much
to everyone who replied giving me advice...I'm still not sure what the
problem was, as I re-checked the timing a 100 different ways(I guess it was
that magical 101st time). New question, it's idling at probably between
1500 and 2000 rpm, I'm sure(yeah right) it has something to do with the
mixture(too rich)...anyways, I tried adjusting the idle screw all the way
down, and there's also a deceleration by-pass valve that's on this carb,
but the vacuum line is plugged, should that affect anything. It's smoking
abit(white)which would lead me to believe that the mixture is off, so what
should be the first step in adjusting the carb? I've read every single word
in the Haynes manual but it doesn't really give much information in
obtaining proper tuning...Where can I get that special carb adjusting tool?
This carb has the temperature compensator on it, manual choke(cable not
hooked up), deceleration by pass, and some other vacuum line that has been
plugged. Well, just very happy thatit finally started, even though it did
give me quite a jump to have it start so suddenly and shoot up the rpm
gauge! Thanks to all, for previous replies and replies in this matter!
Thomas Story(smiling and choking)

"Damned little things, and they're new!
Cut just like regular chickens?
Cut just like regular chickens."