Re: War of Roses, former:Oil Treatments...

To: Eugene Harlow <harlow@aslvx1.sugar-land.anadrill.slb.com>
Subject: Re: War of Roses, former:Oil Treatments...
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 11:17:52 -0500 (EST)
Dear SOLers,
I guess this is very likely a soft spot that they touched here! I think
there are very few partners in life who are willing to put up with such
an intense hobby and even fewer who join in out of pure enthusiasm and
have fun, too.

For me, I don't know yet if it's a therapeutic occupation to get over
rather frustrating stretches in life in science or if it's just a
necessity to keep the fun car running and sort of reliable. But I am in
the very fortunate situation that my wife likes it too.
For the partner it might become in the worst case the reason of
frustration and thus the target of revenge ... War of the Roses? Oops, we
still don't have those monster wheels on the truck, but a cute roadster.
I think in the movie it was a big car crusher and a Morgan(?).

Never let it go so far that, e.g. if someone slashes the car that it feels
like you could have been stabbed as well.

Peace on earth,
        Gus

Agustin de la Calle                     '71 MG Midget (red)
Boston, MA                              '88 Toyota 4Runner (V6)
delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu