Buggin'

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Buggin'
From: Richard Sulecki <rsulecki@email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 20:09:37 -0500 (EST)
Having only been on the mailing list a few days, I must say that I am
very impressed and overwhelmed with new knowledge.  If you remember I
have been looking for a Spridget and my search may be over.  Last night
my father gave me a surprise phone call to tell me he was getting rid of
his 1961 Bugeye Sprite.  It was his college car and hasn't been driven
in over fifteen years.  Naturally, I was a bit dismayed.  Then he
asked when I could come by and sign the title, and after a second of
speechlessness, I realized he was giving the car to me.  So, now I have a
Bugeye in need of restoration.  I now ask, should I pursue the Bugeye
restoration or go the cheaper route and purchase a running Spridget?
My preference is to try for the Bugeye, but I may be taking on a bit too
much.  The car needs a 1275cc, brakes(I have all new brake parts
already), paint and new upholstery.  Please guide me for I am only a
novice.  Also, if anyone has a rebuilt 1275cc I would be very interested
in purchasing it.  Finally, my father asked me to put out feelers for a
Mini truck or a Helman Minx?

                                       Brad "Bugeye" Sulecki