Re: British Cars Digest #1534 Tue Jan 24 12:06:30 MST 1995

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1534 Tue Jan 24 12:06:30 MST 1995
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 95 07:23:21 EST
Andy Ashworth writes - -

>As a former electrical engineer (before I saw the light and started
>writing software!) I've found the recent thread on Lucas coils and the
>need for a ballast resistor interesting, however, in Mark Jurras'
>posting of 23/1/95 (1/23/95 for the colonials :) ) he agrees with Jerry
>that the ignition dwell time is the same at all RPM.  It is the dwell
>_angle_ that is constant with the contacts opening and closing
>controlled by the eccentricity of the distibutor spindle.  The dwell
>time therefore varies in relation to the RPM - the higher the speed,
>the less time there is to charge the coil.

Andy you caught me thinking faster than I type. (Which doesn't say much
since I type so slow.) I meant to agree that the Dwell Timing is constant.
Meaning the dwell angle remains constant. It's a hold over from my valve
timing days.

- -Mark    = =o&o

P.S. Engineers write better software than Computer Programmers can any day.