FWD: Help! SU Carb (Jag-lovers)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, jag-digest@psy.uwa.edu.au
Subject: FWD: Help! SU Carb (Jag-lovers)
From: "Cecil F. Carter 813-3378346" <CARTERC2@mail.firn.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 15:34:14 EST
--Boundary (ID Yi/oHQi8JRr7MfYkh2yQWA)

Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 09:05:44 EST
Subject: Help! SU Carb (Jag-lovers)
Sender: "Cecil F. Carter 813-3378346" <CARTERC2@mail.firn.edu>
To: "british-cars@autox.team.net" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Cc: "jag-digest@psy.uwa.edu.au" <jag-digest@psy.uwa.edu.au>
A1-type: MAIL

--Boundary (ID MRCuYhQ9BFH/pcdnYEC0Ng)

Help!
I am rebuilding one of the SU Carbs on my '66 E-Type. The needle is frozen
stuck in the piston. Even after trying the suggestion in the Haynes Mauual
to move the needle to mvoe the needle further into the piston, I have had
no luck. Are there any suggestions? What would cause this to happen in the
first place?
--Boundary (ID MRCuYhQ9BFH/pcdnYEC0Ng)