steering rack bushings

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: steering rack bushings
From: calvin@jonathan.com (Calvin Sanders)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 17:26:43 EST
Over on the Mustang list Richard Pederson said the following. I was wondering
if others would confirm it. I have considered steering rack bushings to
be suspension bushings since almost any car manual considers the steering
rack to be part of the suspension system.

>I remember reading a protest in Fastrack a year or so ago concerning offset
>rack bushings.  The rack was determined to NOT be part of the suspension so
>the bushings could not be altered, offset or not, metal or not.  (14.8b
>only applies to suspension bushings.)

I just like to stay legal if this is true I'll put stock rack bushings back
on my car.

Calvin