Mini restoration

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mini restoration
From: Russell Shiel <shielr@watson.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 23:09:31 +1100 (EST)
Advice would be appreciated from any Mini afficianado familiar with the
Australian-built Cooper-S - there's not much written about them in the
Mini literature, and I'm attempting to restore one to original.  This
initial query is to make contact with anyone knowledgeable about Coopers
in the first instance - trim, fittings, etc
My project car is a 1967 Mk1 Oz car, originally blue with a white roof,
heavy vented rims, generator etc.  Numbers all match, but it's black
throughout inside, which the Mk1's were not supposed to be, it's got
small taillights, bumper overriders and corner bars, wide flares (??)
I'm planning to take it back to bare metal - there's no rust, but a
respray some 14 years ago was pretty thorough, and all the hardware will
have to come out to do the engine bay.
Advice on the upholstery and trim colour, roof lining etc, whether this
model had flares, small discs, and so on, would be most appreciated.
Russ in Oz