Re: wrinkle finish paint

To: SDTilton@aol.com
Subject: Re: wrinkle finish paint
From: Miq Millman <mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 18:00:01 PST
With all this discussion on wrinkle finish, I'll toss inmy vote for the
Hammerite hammered finish.  It looks just as good, and Hammerite is amazing
paint.  Its available in both aerosol cans and by the quart.  The white
doesn't do nearly as good a job as black, or yellow, and the silver and dark
grey (iron color) are simply fantastic in their coverage.  These are the only
colors I've used.  This stuff is sold at the ACE hardware stores in Oregon as
well as GI Joes.  Look for it locally.

I painted Frankensprite's metal dash with the hammered finish black, it
looked great after two coats sprayed on a calm 80ish day.

Oh yeah, the paint sticks to rust, is UV resistent and it comes in smooth
finish as well.

--
Miq Millman   mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com   503 642 6139   (Aloha site)
AL4-55  Intel, 5200 NE Elam Young Parkway, Hillsboro, OR 97124-6497