Re: Vehicle titles

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vehicle titles
From: harrold@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU (Dick Harrold)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 08:59:54 -0500
On Tue, 17 Jan 1995 17:18:52 -0500 (EST) Agustin de la Calle said:

Rob,

I don't know what your Registry is going to tell you, but here in
MA it's pretty straightforward. Here you only need the contract that
shows that you bought the car. I paid $175.00 in total:
$30 for registration,  $50 for the title and $95 for the sales tax.

I could walk out the registry after 10 minutes with two new car plates
and the certificate of registration.

Best is if you give them a holler to see what they want you to do!
Good luck,

Gus

====== clip here ======

Not so in Indiana!  You must have all kinds of documentation, a valid
notarized title, invoices, receipts, etc.  I purchased a car in
Massachusetts and brought it back to Indiana to be titled.  Mass doesn't
require a title, simply a bill of sale.  I had to go through all kinds of
hoops and several months of delays to get it finalized.  They give you a
very hard time if ANYTHING is out of order.  Best to get the complete facts
from your state.

Dick

Dick Harrold
HARROLD@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU
Integrated Technologies
Indiana University at Indianapolis (IUPUI)