Re: Air Compressors/Sandblasting

To: MGTA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Air Compressors/Sandblasting
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 10:22:16 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 13 Jan 1995 MGTA@aol.com wrote:

> A few weeks ago there was quite a discussion going on air compressors and
> sand blasting equipment.  At that time I did not
> feel interested but now that I am getting going on my TA, I would
> like to know if a consensus was ever reached on compressor size
> and type of sand blaster to use.  Don't want to be redundant in the

If you are going to do any quantity, I would recommend a 5 HP compressor
coupled with a pressure type sandblaster.  But you don't need to guess.
Get a catalog of TIP products (Hemmings has their ads), and check the
cubic feet per minute required @ 90 psi for the pressure type
sandblasters.  Choose a compressor that is as close to the required supply
as you have money/space/electrical supply for.  You can still do work with
a compressor that provides less air than the blaster needs, but you will
spend time waiting for it to catch up.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910