Re: Demonstration of the list

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Demonstration of the list
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 11:33:24 -0700
   I've never used Mosaic or FTP, but now would be a good time for me to learn
   how to use it. I have neither program on my PC, but I'll arrange for our
   computer center to set it up on my color laptop. Will a 1200 baud modem be
   too slow to work well with Mosaic?

That depends.  If you wouldn't mind waitng for 20 or 30 minutes to load a
new page in Mosaic, 1200 baud will be fine.  You might want to try out using
Lynx, a simpler text based browser, for example.  Actually, if you can't get
something like a 9600 or 14440 connection, I would say forget it, the club
will NOT be impressed.

On a related note about demos, I am working on a plan for the VTR convention.
I'm hoping to be able to tote along a complete system with me, and have a
snapshot of the Mosaic pages and ftp directory on it.  That way, the SOL
and VTR stuff that most folks will want to see right away will be local and
readily available.  With luck it will be just like my HP machine here at work,
so I can look like an expert at running it.  Now, to line up cheap network
access from the Clock Tower resort....

mjb.