Re Various Things

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re Various Things
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 1995 14:59:10 -0500 (EST)
Hi Folks,

Someone was asking about polishing aluminum... Simichrome (sp?) is a German
product that I am familiar with. It gives excellent results.

Another post over the last couple of days indicated that leaning the carbies
would produce lower CO... I believe that is wrong. Leaner mixture reduces
hydrocarbon emissions but increases CO. A richer mixture produces more
hydrocarbon emissions but decreases CO. There should be some sort of relation
between the two.

If I'm wrong, well then nevermind.

yours in ported and polished cylinder heads,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     | E-Mail: lang@isis.mit.edu