3 LBCs on TV, and Europa progress

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 3 LBCs on TV, and Europa progress
From: Daren Stone <Daren_Stone@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 95 11:31:13 PST
Text item: Text_1

    Last night my wife and I happened upon a pretty bad movie on TV,
however it did feature a Metropolitan convertible (appeared home made),
an XJ-S convertible, and a dilapidated Midget whose sole responsibility
was to remain parked in front of Kevin Bacon's house.
    The flic was called "The Big Picture", and I cannot recommend it
except for the cars, and a few funny fantasy scenes.

    The Europa reassembly progresses slowly. We've made the necessary
repairs to the front of the frame, rebuilt the rear crossmember out of
rectangular tubing (instead of the U-channel I could easily twist with
my hands), bead blasted most all of the small bits, have catalogued all
of the missing items and have begun applying my powers of deduction
honed by years of watching Basil Rathbone to determine which bits are
actually correct for a 1970 Type 65.
    Also, since it appears that many of the missing items are stock
Cortina for those years, if anyone out there has spare Cortina bits I'd
love to hear from you.

    cheers, and 225 days till Monterey-

                                    Daren