Re: orbital polishers

To: Tim Dziechowski <timd@hitu.enet.dec.com>
Subject: Re: orbital polishers
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 17:12:30 -0500 (EST)
I wonder if you don't need to distinguish clearly between so-called random
orbital polishers in which the center of rotation varies constantly, and
conventional buffers in which the center of rotation is fixed.  Sounds to
me as if the two may be getting mixed up in this discussion, which will
prove confusing.  My impression is that random orbital polishers like I
have seen at Sears are less aggressive than the conventional "buffer" that
spins 1500 rpm plus around a fixed axis.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910