Jaguar images

To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jaguar images
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 27 Dec 1994 12:25:54 -0600
                       Subject:                               Time:11:58 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Jaguar images                          Date:12/27/94

I have sent a couple of new images to the triumph.cs.utah.edu site.

One is of my 1950 Jaguar Mark V saloon, called Mark_5_saloon.jpg
The Mark V was made as a 4 door saloon and as a two door drop-head coupe
(i.e. 5 passenger convertible), and was Jaguar's last model with the old
pushrod engines they bought from Standard. It was also their first model with
independent front suspension and hydraulic brakes.
Mine is a U.S. spec. car sold by Hoffman's in New York. I have owned it since
1969.

The other is of my 1951 Jaguar XK120 Fixed Head Coupe, called
XK120_FHC_eq.jpg
This car was originally sold by S.H. Newsome the Coventry distributor to a
Mr. R. Lamonet in either France or a French colony, possibly Vietnam. It has
little Marchal side marker lights required for the French markets. A U.S.
serviceman brought it to this country after his tour of duty. I bought it in
1980 after it had been repossessed on a mechanic's lein and auctioned off by
the county sheriff for one dollar. I paid the mechanic's bill.
Enjoy.