Technical Research Dept.

To: Tim Murray <73632.3160@compuserve.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Technical Research Dept.
From: "Dana P. Henry-TRF" <70471.1433@compuserve.com>
Date: 27 Dec 94 10:44:19 EST
 #: 13348 S0/CompuServe Mail  [MAIL]
     24-Dec-94 13:01 EST
 Sb: Technical Research Dept.
 Fm: Tim Murray [73632,3160]

Glad to see you've joined the other super-highway!  I hav'nt had any luck
getting through to the Tech Dept via phone so I thought I'd give it a shot
this way.

Here's my problem: Differential R.H. Front Mounting Point Failure - '72 TR6

I discovered the problem too late and the bolt that goes through the frame
has come un-welded.  Is it possible to repair this problem without having
to take the body off the frame?

Also, are you aware of any repair shops in the Norther California Area who
specialize in this type of repair?

Thanks,
Tim.

Tim:  this is often a common problem, usually traced to the maintenance of
the differential mounts.  The stud part number is 147400 @ $18.95 each.
The repair is difficult, but it can be done by taking the body off of the
frame.  There are many good shops in your area who could help you with the
problem, I might suggest that you give Wayne Bier a call at Triumphs Only at
408-947-7766 he can point you in the right direction.  Good luck!

                                                       -CHEERS-
                                                       ^^^^^^^^