used bits for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: used bits for sale
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 1994 14:02:47 PST
I have two things that I'd love to use to generate a little cash for my
pocket and space in my garage (which is in Palo Alto, CA). I'd rather
not have to figure out how to freight these:

Used but working smoothcase tranny. This was removed from our '61
Morris Minor in good working condition (i.e., it has the usual rotating
noises, but no grinds, bumps or skips). Complete with driveshaft if you
want it, as well as cross member and used clutch. We're doing the
Datsun 5 speed upgrade. Make me an offer - I haven't any idea what
these are worth, but I know that they're getting hard to find.

GT6+ short block "kit". Once upon a time, I bought a used up GT6+ to
get the engine, since I wanted to build up a limit-of-the-rules engine
for my CSP GT6+ autocrosser. I got as far as stripping the head and
block and getting the top layers of filth off, and then got distracted
by one or another car that decided it wasn't going to run. I've never
gotten back to it, probably never will, and need the engine stand for
the 1275 that's being machined for the Morris. Bores look OK, pistons
look OK (some blowby), crank looks fine (std/std, as I recall). Stock
cam, block not machined for cam bearings, oil pump mikes within
tolerances. This is probably worth $250 as a core, so that's what I'd
like to get. (I also have a number of parts that I bought for the
rebuild that I'll sell for 40% off TRF's current price; no, I don't
have an inventory on line yet.)

Send me mail if you're interested in either of these or know someone who is.