Elva Courier

To: "Brit Car" <british-cars@autox.team.net> (Return requested),
Subject: Elva Courier
From: "JOERGER Mark D" <Mark.D.JOERGER@state.or.us>
Date: 22 Dec 94 11:52:46 -0700
Here's what I've got on the Elva Courier:

Designed by Frank Nichols and team.

Built at factory in Hastings from 1959 thru 1962, then
manufacturing rights sold to Trojan, Ltd.

BMC-B engine (1500 cc) (later had 1622 cc MGA - gearbox too)
Front suspension from Triumph Vitesse (double unequal wishbones)
Rear suspension: live axle located by trailing arms and panhard rod.

Chassis: two large diameter steel tubes as side members with smaller
diameter cross brace tubes.

Brakes: disc front/drum rear

rear disc brakes, modified gearing, oil cooler, ect.

Available as roadster or fixed head coupe.

Not a word about Lotus.

The picture I have looks like a Spitfire with a Europa nose spliced on.
                              -Mark Joerger