RE: Bondo vs Lead

To: british-cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bondo vs Lead
From: "Sabo, Tom" <tomsa@gscrb.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 94 11:33:00 PST
I don't like how soft bondo is... you can stick your fingernail in it... so
I mix fiberglass resin (about 20%) with bondo.
Sticks better, harder, harder to sand, much thinner than bondo
alone so you may have to let it set up in the pot for a couple a minutes...
using it on surfaces that are not close to horizontal is difficult.

Sometimes it is bondo... sand... bondo-resin mix... sand... resin... sand...
spot putty.
Works for me.  Remember that the filler is hydroscopic, so just filling a
1/8 inch
rust hole with it will blister the paint unless the hole is sealed first
(resin & cloth
on the back side of the panel if possible... or dimple and apply on
outside).
 --tomsa