Re: TR3 Leaf Spring Length?

To: Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: TR3 Leaf Spring Length?
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 00:53:48 -0500
   From: "Roger Garnett" <Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu>
   Could someone please tell me what the eye-to-eye spacing for TR3
   leaf springs? That means the cetre-to-centre of the holes/bolts on the car.

The center-to-center spacing of the spring mount points is 39.75 in.
The eye-to-eye spacing of the spring itself is 41.0 in., measured, if I
am reading this right, at a static load of 515 lbs. Unloaded length is
not specified.

Other folks have mentioned the change to using different springs on
the driver and passenger side. The parts book shows this change at
TS26904, about 5K cars into the TR3A run. I think that cars made
immediately after this point had two spacers on the passenger side and
one spacer on the driver's side; then the driver's side changed to no
spacers, as Chip Old mentioned - without a change in part number of
the spring, so who knows exactly when it happened...

                                                -john
John Wroclawski
jtw@lcs.mit.edu